Work Permit Application Forms available:
- in the College & Career Center
- Sue Degrafft, Admin Building
- online at http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/dlseformb1-1.pdf
- Applications must be completely filled out by the student, the employer, and signed by a parent before they can be processed by ECHS.
- We cannot accept applications without the student’s Social Security Number.
- We do not process applications for students that are not ECHS students—these students would need to contact the Educational Support Services office—Dora Jaramillo 760.966.7828.
Approving Work Permits:
- Students can drop off a completed application to the Career Center or place in Ms. Laura Bunzli’s mailbox
- Must allow at least 48 hours for the application to be processed
- Only Heather Lomelin, Assistant Principal or the principal may sign work permits.
- Schools are not required to approve work permits –it is a privilege for a student to be allowed to work while going to school. School must come first. Therefore our policy is to :
- Verify SS# and birthdate of student
- Check discipline issues
- Check attendance issues
- –according to CA law, truant students cannot be issued a work permit
- Check grades—should have at least a 2.0 GPA , no Ds or Fs. (AARC students must be approved by their counselor to work.)
- If approved, the information is put into Aeries. An “official” work permit is printed and signed by Heather Lomelin or the Principal.
- Students can pick it up from the Career Center or it will be mailed to the employer, upon request.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA, no Ds or Fs, with satisfactory attendance & behavior or the permit may be revoked. (students with low grades/GPA’s may be granted a permit, but are flagged and monitored each grading period)
- Work permits expire at the end of August during each school year.
Frequently Asked Questions—CA state law: