More information coming about: Student Handbook, Visitors/Volunteers, Parking, Drop-off/Pick-up
Electronic Device Policy (go to top)
Electronic equipment (including headphones) is not permitted to be seen or heard during instructional time. All equipment must be turned off and stored out of sight during instructional time.
(2) Implement progressive discipline based upon students discipline history and repeated offenses.
ECHS Dress Code (go to top)
EL CAMINO HIGH SCHOOL
- Vulgar, profane, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive;
- Related to gangs, criminal behavior or illegal substances (tobacco, alcohol, drugs or weapons);
- Degrading toward individuals or groups.
- Clothing must completely cover an individual's chest, stomach, back and bottom.
- Undergarments must be covered at all times. (Bra straps and boxer tops must be covered.)
- Students must wear an appropriate shirt / top. Wearing a jacket, sweater or other cover-up over an inappropriate top is not permitted.
- Sheer fabrics, halter tops, crop tops, strapless tops, off-the-shoulder and low-cut tops are not permitted.
- Short skirts and short-shorts are not permitted.
Third Violation: The student will be suspended from school for violation of CA Education Code 48900.k (Defiance of School Authority) on their third violation of the dress code, and with each subsequent violation of the dress code.
Disaster Plan: (go to top)
What is a disaster plan?
A disaster plan is a comprehensive, easily accessible, straightforward plan to follow in the event of an event that threatens staff and students.
How is ECHS's staff trained to respond to disaster?
1. Lockdown: If there is a situation on campus that would endanger the lives or safety of staff or students if they left a locked classroom or building, a "lockdown" will be called. The students are to adopt the "contain" (all doors are locked and not opened until "lockdown" call is cleared) and "conceal" (lights out, no noise, no cell phone use, pretending the room is empty) status. Staff is trained to not leave this status until the "all clear" is announced.
2. Evacuation: If there is a situation that requires staff and students to leave a potentially dangerous area, the staff is trained to evacuate to a very specific part of the ECHS baseball field. A very organized system of reporting student head counts then takes place, and everyone waits for the "all clear" to be announced. If the emergency requires a greater evacuation distance, the staff is trained to take the students to the church parking lot on Mesa drive and wait there for an "all clear".
Any questions can be either referred to assistant principal at ECHS or the district office.