- TRIO Talent Search - CSUSM
- Provide academic advising, test preparation assistance, university tours, tutoring, financial aid advising and assistance with completing scholarship applications.
- Criteria are: first generation college student and low income.
- Alyce Davis, our TRIO representative is here Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8am-5pm. Her office is in the College and Career Center.
- Mira Costa College Ambassadors –
- Provide campus and admissions information about MCC.
- Assists students with successfully transitioning to college.
- Monday 12:00-3:00; Wednesday 9:00-12:00; Friday 7:30-10:30. Located in the College and Career Center.
Personal and Social (Referrals made directly or through Counselors):
- North County Lifeline – Offices in Vista (760-726-4900) and Oceanside (760-757-0118)
- Individual and family counseling
- Groups – anger management, decision making, substance abuse, life skills
- Gang prevention and intervention
- Psychiatric mental health issues
- Family support services
- Interfaith Community Services – Working Wildcats (on campus)
Case managers who work with students according to this criteria:
- Freshmen and Sophomores only
- At risk academically
- Low attendance
- Discipline issues
- Students participate in paid summer internships
- PASS – Promoting Achievement and Student Success (on campus)
Mentors who work with students according to this criteria:
- Students below basic in one or more core class and:
- Unresponsive or disengaged
- Showing signs of gang culture or negative behavior
- Defiant, acting out, suspensions
- Attendance issues
- UPAC – Union of Pan Asian Communities (on campus)
Through a County of San Diego grant they provide therapy for students and their families. The criteria are Medi-Cal or no insurance. Services are provided at school, and in the home.
- Support Groups – Meet on campus once a week, during the school day, alternating periods.
- Grief Group – For students who have experienced the loss of a loved one.
- Alateen – For students who are affected by alcoholism or drug abuse in a family member or friend.