Oside to College!
Stop by to say Hello!
CSUSM TRiO Talent Search is in the
College & Career Center in the Library!
About the Program
TRiO Talent Search is a federally funded grant program through the U.S. Department of Education and in collaboration with California State University San Marcos, Oceanside High School and El Camino High School.
TRiO Talent Search (TS) is a FREE academic preparation program designed to assist 9th-12th grade students in developing the skills necessary to ensure academic success. TRiO TS seeks to identify and assists students who have the potential to succeed in higher education and ensure all our participants graduate high school, enroll in and complete their post-secondary education.
|Tutoring & Mentoring|
|Exposure to College Campuses|
Assistance in Completing Admissions Applications
& Financial Aid Applications
To join TRiO/ TS you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled at Oceanside High School or El Camino High School
- Have some form of legal U.S status (citizens, permanent resident, visa...)
- Be First Generation College bound (neither parents have completed a four year college degree)
- Meet the family income levels determined by the U.S. Department of Education ( See Below)
Please note that there are limited spots available for students that don't meet the income and/or first generation criteria
Please note the income required is taxable income, you can find this on your tax returns Form 1040 line 43, 1040A line 27 or Form 1040EZ line 6
Complete a general application
- You can print the application and waiver from the list of forms on this webpage
- Applications are available at the ECHS College & Career Center
- All sections are required to be fully completed to determine eligibility